Trivia for “My Blood Approves” by Amanda Hocking
This chapter is a free excerpt from Quicklet on My Blood Approves.
Complete 10-second survey to read full article!
- Hocking calls her roommate Eric her platonic life guru. After her success, she gave him a job as her personal assistant.
- Amanda Hocking hates when all young adult novels get compared to Twilight by Stephanie Meyer.
- Hocking is a self-proclaimed John Hughes mourner.
- Hocking’s favorite books include Catcher in the Rye, Slaughterhouse Five, Disco Bloodbath, The Bell Jar, Trainspotting and American Psycho.
- Hocking normally only takes two to three weeks to complete a novel. She states that most of the books are usually already worked out in her head before writing.
- Relying on Red Bull, Hocking would stay up all hours after her nursing home shifts to write My Blood Approves and her subsequent novels.
- The Silence of the Lambs is Hocking’s favorite movie. She has seen the film more times than any other movie.
- All the characters in My Blood Approves are named after real-life figures and fictional characters. Alice comes from Alice in Wonderland, Peter is named after Peter Pan, Ezra was named for Ezra Pound and Mae after Hocking’s grandmother.
- Heath Ledger is subtly referenced to dozens of time in My Blood Approves.
- Hocking came up with the idea to write My Blood Approves after seeing all of the vampire books that line the shelves at bookstores.
Price: $2.99 Add to Cart
- Lifetime guarantee
- 100% refund
- Free updates